CEE has been working consistently in the state of Maharashtra since 1995 when a project office was set up. The range of programmes spread over several districts of the state have been taken up with a variety of partners.
EE in over 500 schools in 8 districts and 2 municipal corporations, through 19 Environmental Orientation through School Education (EOSE) projects, 4 National Environment Education Programme for Schools (NEEPS) clusters, Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE), Environment Education in School System (EESS), among other programmes are undertaken by CEE Central Regional Office. Besides, EE publications in Marathi of CEE was also developed.
Some of major projects undertaken by the regional office include:
Education for Children
- Leadership and Natural Resource Management Course for Youths working in tribal area of Maharashtra
- EE Material development for Maharashtra State Board
- Environment Education in School System (EESS)
- Bio-cultural Camping in Sahyadri
Sustainable Urban Development
- Study of Informal Sector Integration in Municipal Systems
- Assessment of Kirloskar Foundation’s Clean and Beautiful School Scheme
Mr. Satish Awate