CEE, Karnataka State Cell was established on 13 February 2002. The Chief Secretary to the Government of Karnataka Dr. A. Ravindra inaugurated the Karnataka State Cell.
The basic objective of the state cell is to implement the awareness and action programmes related to Karnataka environment and development issues through innovative methodologies and approaches. The state cell has been set up to help establish better linkages with local government to coordinate centre's activities in Karnataka.
- Designing and developing eco-flags for the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board. The eco-flags contain the state symbols of animal, plant and bird, and the clean technology. Honorable Governor of Karnataka Smt. Ramadevi launched the eco-flags.
- Designing mobile exhibition units one each for the urban population, small-scale industries and school children during the current financial year was carried out. The designing and conceptualization of mobile units suiting to each target groups was developed along with user-friendly educational approaches and methodologies. A blue print of all the mobile exhibition units was developed for body fabrication. The secondary research and content development exercises were also planned and completed.
- Developing educational strategy and materials for the mobile exhibition units- one each for urban population, small-scale industries and school children.
- Developing comprehensive project reports one each for the urban population, school children and industrial sectors. Each report contains three sections the first section covers the details on background information and methodology, the second section covers introduction to each mobile exhibition unit and the third covers various components of mobile exhibition unit.
- Information brochures on each mobile exhibition units have also been designed and developed. The brochures are comprehensive enough to provide the information about each mobile exhibition unit covering urban population, school children and industrialists as targets.
- Designing and developing wall calendars for the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board.
- Designed and developed public display boards for the Binkadakatti Zoo, Gadag District.