|TALEEM, CEE was invited by the Directorate of Tourism, Government of Meghalaya to look at the training and capacity building needs of various stakeholders in the tourism industry.
Preparatory to a series of orientation workshops, several informal discussions were held with representatives of the stakeholders to get a clear picture of what needed to be addressed as well as to understand the areas in which capacity building interventions were necessary.
The following short workshops, of one- or two-days’ duration, were conducted:
• Tourism Stakeholders’ Meet, Cherrapunjee
• Training for Front Office Managers of Hotels in Shillong
• Orientation for Volunteers, Youth Groups and Local Entrepreneurs
• Orientation Workshop for Police and Traffic personnel
• Tourism Orientation Workshop for Unemployed Youths
• Sustainable Tourism: Involvement of Community-based institutions
• Orientation Workshops to Taxi drivers
• Orientation to Forest Department personnel