Preparatory to a series of orientation workshops, several informal discussions were held with representatives of the stakeholders to get a clear picture of what needed to be addressed as well as to understand the areas in which capacity building interventions were necessary.
The following short workshops, of one- or two-days’ duration, were conducted:
• Tourism Stakeholders’ Meet, Cherrapunjee
• Training for Front Office Managers of Hotels in Shillong
• Orientation for Volunteers, Youth Groups and Local Entrepreneurs
• Orientation Workshop for Police and Traffic personnel
• Tourism Orientation Workshop for Unemployed Youths
• Sustainable Tourism: Involvement of Community-based institutions
• Orientation Workshops to Taxi drivers• Orientation to Forest Department personnel Contact:
CEE North East
Chenikuthi, K.K. Bhatta Road
Guwahati - 781 003
Tel: 0361 - 2667382
Fax: 0361 - 2665914
Established as a Centre of Excellence of the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India.