The purpose of EMF is to ensure that neither the livelihoods of the rural poor nor the environment are compromised. CEE contributes to the EMF implementation through
1. Development of tools for Environmental Assessment (EA) of the livelihood activities being supported through the project
2. Capacity building for different stakeholders including the project functionaries, community representatives etc.
3. Development of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials
4. Supervision of EMF implementation through visits to each district once in six months
In other states:
• CEE has designed the EMF for the Bihar rural Livelihoods project (BRLP).
• CEE has conducted supervision to check the effectiveness of implementation of EMF in Chhattisgarh District Poverty Reduction Project (CGDPRP)• CEE has conducted Environment Audit to check the effectiveness of EMF implementation in Rajasthan District Poverty Initiatives Project (RDPIP) Contact:
143, Infantry Road
Bangalore - 560 001
Tel: 080 - 22869094/22869907
Fax: 080 - 22868209
Established as a Centre of Excellence of the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India.