Plastic Tide Turners Challenge
Why this Challenge?
- We all are living in an age of plastics. Plastics certainly have advantages of being light weight, long-lasting and relatively inexpensive. Unfortunately, they also bring problems to our world, as they cannot degrade and stay on earth for countless years.
Thus plastics are now present in every habitat and every nook and corner of the planet’s environment - in the streets and landfills of cities and villages, remnants of plastic bags get eaten by animals, micro plastics entering into our food chain and so on.Readmore...
Who can participate?
- School students age between 7 to 16 years
- College students age between 16 to 25 years
Teachers, NGOs, Master Trainer, Volunteers and other stakeholders who will facilitate this campaign in their schools, colleges, city and area are also invited to be part of this challenge.
How to Participate?
Step 1: Register and fill baseline information here
Step 2: Refer to Plastic Tide Turner Toolkit for taking up the challenge activities
Step 3: Take up Entry level - Level 1 activities and upload your actions
Step 4: Enter to Leader level - complete L2 activities and upload your experience
Step 5: Move to Champion level - complete L3 activities and upload your work
Step 6: Your Action Report is evaluated by a jury for national level plastic turner award
Each participating youth and other members will receive participation certificate from UN Environment, WWF and CEE.
- Audit your plastic footprint
- Watch & share videos and films
- Spread the word
- Play a game
- Take the plastic quiz
- Reduce plastic footprint and influence communities
- Organize a poster campaign
- Organize a meet up with friends/neighbors.
- Organize a clean up drive at a nearby water-body or a public place
- Engage and influence stakeholders for community action
- Advocate for policy development at your college/community or institute
- Build media awareness
Toll free number: 1800 1027 014, CONTACT: +91-522-2713998, email@example.com
PROJECT SECRETARIAT - CEE North
Sector-11, House No-80
S No 233/1/2, Vidhate Colony, Baner, Pune 411045
Landmark: Near Aundh Telephone Exchange
Phone - 020-27298860
Centre for Environment Education
Thaltej Takra, Ahemdabad - 380054
Phone - 079-26858002 to 05
No. 76/8 Jarakabande Kaval, Suberdarpalya, Attur Post,
P. O. Box No. 6404,
Yelahanka, Bangalore 560 064, Karnataka, India.
Phone: +91-80 28568029/28568019
CEE East (Formerly CEE Kolkata)
C-2. IIFloor, Tilottama, P-21, Senhati Colony, Behala, Kolkata-700034, WB
Phone - 033-24033842
CEE north east
K.K. Bhatta Road, Chenikuthi
Phone - 0361-2667382