Plastic Tide Turners Challenge
Why this Challenge?
- We all are living in an age of plastics. Plastics certainly have advantages of being light weight, long-lasting and relatively inexpensive. Unfortunately, they also bring problems to our world, as they cannot degrade and stay on earth for countless years.
Thus plastics are now present in every habitat and every nook and corner of the planet’s environment - in the streets and landfills of cities and villages, remnants of plastic bags get eaten by animals, micro plastics entering into our food chain and so on.Readmore...
Who can participate?
In the pilot phase of the challenge, we are inviting schools and colleges from four States - Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal to take part in this challenge.
- School students age between 13 to 17 years
- College students age between 17 to 25 years
We invite schools, colleges and other institutions to participate in this challenge. Please send us mail on firstname.lastname@example.org for organizing orientation session for your students.
How to Participate?
Step 1: Write to us (email@example.com) for registering your institution for the challenge
Step 2: A group of students will undergo orientation with the help of Plastic Tide Turner Toolkit
Step 3: Selected youth will attend one day leadership training workshop
Step 4: Students will register for challenge and fill baseline survey
Step 5: Students take up Entry level - Level 1 activities and upload their actions
Step 6: Then enter to Leader level - complete L2 activities and upload their experience
Step 7: Finally move to Champion level - complete L3 activities and upload their work
Step 8: Submit end line survey and short report on their journey of completing the leadership challenge
Step 9: Young leaders report is evaluated by a jury for national level plastic turner award
Each participating youth and other members will receive participation certificate from UN Environment, WWF and CEE.
- Audit your plastic footprint
- Watch & share videos and films
- Spread the word
- Play a game
- Take the plastic quiz
- Reduce plastic footprint and influence communities
- Organize a poster campaign
- Organize a meet up with friends/neighbors.
- Organize a clean up drive at a nearby water-body or a public place
- Engage and influence stakeholders for community action
- Advocate for policy development at your college/community or institute
- Build media awareness
Toll free number: 1800 1027 014, CONTACT: +91-522-2713998, firstname.lastname@example.org
PROJECT SECRETARIAT - CEE North
Sector-11, House No-80
S No 233/1/2, Vidhate Colony, Baner, Pune 411045
Landmark: Near Aundh Telephone Exchange
Phone - 020-27298860
Centre for Environment Education
Thaltej Takra, Ahemdabad - 380054
Phone - 079-26858002 to 05
CEE East (Formerly CEE Kolkata)
C-2. IIFloor, Tilottama, P-21, Senhati Colony, Behala, Kolkata-700034, WB
Phone - 033-24033842